The PLC Technician works closely with the system design and building of our PLC’s and assists with their installation at our customer locations. With internal proprietary systems, this position has great ability to design changes and upgrades to the system and can work directly with end-users to continually improve the product.
- Provide administration and programming for the EPIC (Electronic Parlor Integration System) while insuring that the system is secure
- Develop and configure automation control schemes and graphics interfaces to facilitate process improvements and incorporate process, mechanical and safety interlocks
- Troubleshoot and revise PLC ladder logic, HMI displays and I/O configuration
- Stay abreast of current technology and strive to improve the EPIC’s process control system
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment failures and process upsets
- Provide control system support to maintenance and operations for process improvement projects
- Implement, maintain and continually improve the EPIC
- Provide engineering, design and estimates for projects requiring control system configuration and equipment upgrades
- Provide Controls input to Process Analysis initiatives as required
- In conjunction with the research and development team, provide support and ensure that the control system or control system interface, and how these changes may affect process control
- Ensure that effective communications are maintained with other departments
- Promote the operating management systems by serving on various program element teams and attending monthly safety meetings
- Minimum of an A.A.S. in related field or 3 years comparable experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in database configuration and programming in a Windows based environment
- Computer literacy for word processing and other business applications
- Drawing, redlining and blueprint reading skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with PLC systems programming and troubleshooting methods
- Ability to configure and maintain Ethernet communication systems in a secure high availability environment
- Ability to integrate 3rd party devices to control systems across multiple communication protocols
- Ability to wear proper personal protective equipment for job appropriate duties to include protective eyewear, clothing, gloves, and appropriate footwear to provide protection from chemicals and other potential work hazards in accordance with the ADS PPE Program.
ADS is a dynamic company known for its open, friendly, and team-oriented work environment. Opportunities for career growth and advancement are highly encouraged for our employees. In addition, ADS offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, profit sharing, paid time off and paid holidays. ADS also competitive salaries and is an EEO employer.